Become a member and join the national and local Slow Food communities.
We invite you to join the Slow Food movement! Across the nation, and across the world, Slow Food is working hard to preserve and protect local foods and food traditions. Slow Food is a member-based organization with 80,000 members worldwide in more than 100 countries. In the U.S., we have 14,000 members across the country who are part of chapters called convivia, which are led by volunteer leaders. Our convivia plan events and programs in their communities—from school gardens to dinners, film festivals to farm tours, you’ll be invited to plan and participate in these initiatives.
When you become a member of Slow Food, your support helps us move towards a more delicious and sustainable future. Your membership dues support and further the growth of national and international programs such as the US Ark of Taste, Slow Food in School, US Presidia and many more.
Take part in your local food community.
Slow Food Austin seeks to localize the mission of the national and international organizations through separate donation and fundraising efforts that allow us to host our unique monthly Slow Sessions, give local farm tours, tastings and happy hours, and partner with other local groups such the Sustainable Food Center, Edible Austin or Austin Discovery School in supporting good, clean, fair food.
Thanks to the passionate commitment of Slow Food Austin’s leadership and others who volunteer their time, funds and resources, we are able to do these things and look forward to growing and expanding our efforts with your support.
Benefits of Joining Slow Food:
- A one-year subscription to the Snail, the voice of Slow Food in the U.S. The Snail covers food issues and food culture from around the world, featuring traditional and heritage foods, profiles of artisanal producers, and features about current issues in U.S. sustainable agriculture.
- A one-year subscription to Slow, the award-winning international journal that features stunning photography and in-depth stories of the movement from around the world.
- The Food Chain, our monthly e-newsletter that highlights the activities of our 160 convivia, our diverse programs and the latest headlines.
- A personal membership card and a copy of the Slow Food Companion (for first-time members), which details Slow Food’s mission, network and projects.
- Invitations to local, national and international Slow Food events ranging from seasonal feasts to film festivals, farm tours to taste workshops.
- Discounts on Slow Food merchandise including the Slow Food Guides to New York City, Chicago and San Francisco and other items in the General Store.